The liquid UAN solution contains ammonium nitrate and urea as source materials, the salts are dissolved in water. The forms of nitrogen (nitrate, ammonium and urea) contained in the fertilizer work directly through the soil and foliage. This is particularly advantageous in dry weather. The product is applied through normal crop protection sprayers with appropriate nozzle and drag hose technology. The UAN solution can be used on all types of agricultural crops.
The advantages at a glance
- Consistently high surface tension for good crop tolerance
- Low biuret content
- Can be combined with many phytosanitary measures and micro-nutrients
- Precise and uniform surface distribution of nitrogen even in large working areas
- Contains corrosion inhibitors to protect the dispensing devices
* UAN is produced as a 32% solution. Depending on market requirements, the fertilizer’s N content can be decreased. When decreasing the N content (e.g. to 28 % or 30 %), the crystallisation temperature changes (e.g. 28 % N = approx. -17°C).